November 25, 2011

What Makes Us... Us

I think every married couple could conjure up a list of quirks and traits that make them as a couple unique. Here are a few I came up with...
 1st- I don't like BJ in the kitchen. I don't want him helping me in the kitchen because I feel very territorial there. This just so happens to be the ideal fit for BJ because he'd rather drop dead than have to prepare something to eat himself. I cook, and BJ eats. I literally think BJ would starve to death if I died. Unless, of course, his mother or sisters, or (heaven forbid ;) ) another wife were there to take care of him.
 2nd- BJ and I slept together on the couch for the first two years of our marriage. BJ couldn't fall asleep without watching t.v. and I hated to going to bed without him. Inevitably, we'd fall asleep mid-movie and end up staying there the rest of the night.
3rd- We don't exercise together. That is something we do individually seeing as I like to walk and do yoga and BJ prefers to play a sport competitively as his form of exercise.
 4th- We watch Bill O Reilly nearly every night together.
5th- We never share food at a restaurant because BJ claims that whatever I choose is the last thing on the menu he would ever want. I always think I don't want what he's ordering until his food actually comes... then it tastes pretty good.
6th- He likes the sheets tight around his feet and doesn't care if his torso is covered. I want the sheets lightly covering my feet but completely bundled up by my chin. Our bed looks like a tornado hit come morning.
 7th- Neither of us care much about traveling. We don't have a great desire to visit foreign countries or tour famous cities. Our idea of a great vacation is sleeping in, eating well, exercising (him with golf... can you call that exercise? and me with some pilates), seeing some good movies, and laying by a pool, ocean, or lake.
8th- We are boring. Really, really, boring. But we're happy with our simple routines.
9th- We don't hang out a lot with friends. We spend most of our time with family.
10th- We like to go on drives to look at houses and dream about and plan for our home in the future.
11th- We like babies.
12th- BJ is the worry worm. I calm, and reassure often.
       13th- BJ is goofy and a better dancer than I am. I just wish the world could see his moves.
14th- BJ hates spending money, and I am quickly becoming more and more frugal.
15th- We understand each other quite well. We can almost always guess how the other one would react to any given situation.

That is all.     

2 comments:

  1. This is cute! It made me think what "Quirk's" Caleb and I have. I especially liked the one that said, "We are boring...really really boring!" I feel that is us too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! We have a ton of quirk's too! And I bet we could compete with you in the "boring" area. We're painfully boring but I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete