November 15, 2011

10 Reasons I am Already Excited for Christmas

1. Looking at holiday magazines and catalogs. I love Martha Stewart, Real Simple, Better Homes and Gardens, J Crew, Land of Nod, Pottery Barn Kids, and everything else that circulates through the mail of this house- all full of Christmas goodies.
2. Peppermint ice cream. I don't believe I need to explain myself.
3. Christmas movies. My very favorite of all is The Family Stone. I love the setting in Bedford, Conneticut, the beautiful white house they live in, the diverse and remarkable cast of characters, the plethora of awkward moments, the music, and the dynamics of the Stone family in their interactions with each other. I can't get enough of this movie. Oh- and my favorite actress, Rachel McAdams, is brilliant in this- an absolute brat actually. But she plays it so well, and she is ravishing in spite of her frumpy costuming.
4. Time with family.
5. A visit to Utah.
6. Having our baby girl here with us to celebrate. Last Christmas I was opening gifts of receiving blankets and nightgowns, children's storybooks, and lacey-edged socks. I thought Ellie would never come. Now she's here with us. It's too good to be true.
6. Christmas lists. I think every day of how I can stretch my dollars to buy Ellie some lovely gifts. Wooden toys, hand-sewn quilts, brand new headbands, and a back up stuffed bunny are definites. BJ wants a new watch, and I'm praying for some pretty new clothes.
7. Baked goods. I made homemade oreos this morning at 8 a.m. I'm starting early this year. Anything with frosting is something I wish I ate more of. Like... I wish I could eat frosted cake, cookies, and brownies exclusively. But then I guess I would miss out on things like donuts and ice cream. I take back what I said.
8. Holiday food. Yes, this is different than the baked goods answer. Because really, I think I'd die if I couldn't eat homemade soups and rolls, warm oatmeal in the morning, turkey and stuffing at night, and in season apples and oranges. Healthy food may actually have some relevancy after all. ; )
9. Prettiness all around. Christmas time may be the most beautiful time of year. That's a bold statement... but I'm sticking to my guns.
10. Christmas music. Namely: Sarah McLachlan Wintersong. (I love you Becca.)
...........................
What are you excited for?

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of peppermint ice cream (a favorite of mine) and the red velvet cupcake (yum!)! I am getting super excited for Christmas shopping. Too bad I don't have the unlimited budget that would supply everything I want to give my girlies!! Love ya, Elle! Have fun stocking up on all things delightful and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the peterson family pj party :)

    ReplyDelete