November 23, 2012

I Am Thankful

I've been especially teary the past few days as I count my blessings. God is good to me, and good to my family. Above all else, I have been overwhelmed with gratitude for the little family of mine, my parents and siblings, and my wonderful inlaws. I am surrounded by a loving, encouraging, supportive network of people that are continually living a beautiful example of the kind of person I want to be. I am grateful for my rich heritage- for the remarkable women of faith, love, and strength that came before me and carved the way of righteous motherhood that I strive to continue. I am grateful for the love of my husband, daughter, family, and Savior that sustains me every day.
I'm thankful for the hope that shines before me as new possibilities, new opportunities, new blessings, and new challenges unfold. I see such evidence in my life that the Lord not only answers the tearful prayers I utter each night and morning, but that he fully knows, and answers the silent prayers I hold in my heart. I am reminded that often times I am like the young girl in this story that thinks she knows what is best, but the Lord always knows better. I am grateful that he does, and I am so grateful that I get to see first hand in those times just a little glimpse of His understanding, mercy, and love for me.

1 comment:

  1. You and your family is so perfect and so beautiful!! Hope you are doing well and loving your cute house!! And I agree with you that the Lord does always know better... even though we make think we do until something amazing happens from the Lord. Thank you for always sharing your sweet thoughts. love you!!

    ReplyDelete