November 7, 2012

A Brief Update

I made it successfully to Utah and have a few observations from the day to share:
1. Traveling on election day was the best decision I ever made. Ellie had a seat all to her self and the crowds in the airport and around town were almost non-existant.
2. I made some toys and brought some fun new activities (stickers, crayon holder, and treasure hunt plastic bottle thingy) for Ellie to try on the flight, and discovered that after a while, Ellie is a lot more interested in the "real" stuff around her than any toy or forced activity.
3. Having and keeping good friends is one of the best investments you can ever make. My good friends continue to bless and inspire me year after year after year. 
4. Mitt Romney losing the election just about broke my heart, and BJ was down and out- especially without Ellie and me at his side. I'm still sad about this.
5. Waiting to find out if we got the house actually gets easier with time, although I'm still anxious to know. We should get word today.
6. As much as I wish I could be, it just doesn't seem possible for me to eat in a healthy, disciplined way every single day. Yesterday I ate a lot, but it just gives me more motivation to be healthy today.
7. Exercise feels good, and makes me feel better every. single. time.
Happy Wednesday

2 comments: