January 20, 2012

I'm Cookin'...He's Eatin'

BJ's on a mission to gain some weight and add a little mass to his sinewy physique. Beej has never been big and bulky, but he decided the other day that enough was enough... he wants his muscles back.
Cue me.
 As a result, I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen lately- which I love. I hate protein shakes... I hate preparing my husband protein shakes... and I hate my husband drinking protein shakes. I would prefer him to get his calories and protein in a healthier, more delicious fashion. We've been eating hot breakfasts together each day this week, and of course dinner together at night. I send him to work each day with his lunch pail packed full of goods. This is one area I feel very old-fashioned about... I love to cook for my husband. Anyone that knows BJ well knows that he does not cook for himself. This doesn't frustrate me. In fact, I relish the opportunity to pamper him in this way. I like to be the wife in the kitchen makin' some home cookin' for my man.
(Breakfast: oatmeal, egg white, and cottage cheese pancakes with peanut butter, bananas, syrup, and vanilla bean sugar. And a tall goblet of chocolate milk.)
(Lunch: red quinoa with chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans, caramelized onions, lettuce, and salsa.)
(Dinner: Italian tortellini soup, rosemary bread, and homemade bruschetta.)
You'll have to imagine the peanut butter m & m's and chocolate chips I eat continually throughout the day yourself. I don't take pictures of those.
Happy home cookin'!

1 comment:

  1. neeeed the recipe of the quinoa! mmm! seriously, you're the best wifey!

    ReplyDelete