January 20, 2012

Friday Fieldtrip at Roger's Gardens

A friend of mine had a great idea to go on little excursions together each Friday with our little peanuts. She has a son that's just two weeks younger than Ellie, and he's a doll. Today we went to Roger's Gardens in Newport Beach and our friend Jenna joined us with her two girls. Roger's Gardens is a nursery, or "the nursery" of Orange County- according to my mother-in-law JaLayne. The gardens are so beautiful. They go on and on and on. We three wound our strollers along the winding paths of the gardens and pointed out poppies, succulents, and "pink ones" to each other and the little ones. This trip reaffirmed my greatest desire... a home of our own with a yard and a garden. One day my friends will come to Ellery's Gardens. 
I used to describe the color of Ellie's eyes as a "denim blue," but now they're becoming a lot lighter and crystal-y. Man alive she is a pretty girl.
This lettuce... I want it all right outside my kitchen door.
My childhood best friend's dad used to call her petunia. I couldn't help but think of her... and Alice in Wonderland.
 Oh the snap dragons! These scream childhood to me!
Ellie liked them too... naturally.
Heavenly Father is so good to us. This world is beautiful. What ever would we do without flowers and plants?
It was such a nice day. I'm always amazed at how inspired I am just by seeing something beautiful. There is so much beauty in the world, and so much beauty to be created. That is why I love to stay at home. I try hard to make my home (or my temporarily borrowed apartment) a beautiful place to be.
Over and out folks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellery it's Jenna. I found your blog through Megans. I've read a lot of your older posts. You are such a great blogger and a fantastic person and mother. Thanks so much for being my friend lately. I appreciate your kindness. I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog now. We look forward Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete