October 28, 2012

Trunk or Treat 2012

This year for Halloween our family was "America's Comeback Team," "The Hope of America," "Believers in America," Mitt, Ann, and grandbaby Romney. We went to the ward "Trunk or Treat' and were delighted watching Ellie take it all in. She was exhausted before the party started and was sound asleep when we got there, but woke up and ate some chili, paraded in the costume parade, and danced to the music. She loved going from car to car saying "a treat" "a treat" (her version of "trick or treat") and loved carrying around her orange felt pail/re-purposed easter basket filled with candy. There are moments as a mother when I am mesmerized by my daugther. I watch her as she experiences new things and she is irresistibly beautiful to me. Last night was one of those nights. I saw things through Ellie's eyes, and it was magical.
Ellie dancing...
And what would Halloween be without a little kiss? Or 4? Ellie and Luke are the cutest couple.
Now Ellie's (SLOWLY) working her way through her candy stash. She ate her first Ring Pop today at church and was in hog heaven. I think that may be her new prefered binky.

No comments:

Post a Comment