October 28, 2012

Healthy Goals

I came across a blog this week that has me feeling extremely motivated and excited to set some goals and begin making healthier choices in a couple areas in my life. One goal I mentioned in my last post was that I wanted to start trying to make the large majority of the things I eat pack at least a little bit of a nutritional punch. I mentioned putting arugula on pizza, and although I didn't have arugula on hand, spinach on top of my left over margherita worked beautifully. A few mini dark chocolate chips on top of my greek yogurt with lots of fruit and a little homemade granola was incredibly satisying and carried me all the way from lunch at noon on Saturday to dinner at 7. That's pretty good for me. 
And this homemade granola (I'll post the recipe sometime) is simply, heaven, especially with berries, apples, pomegranate, and almonds.
Another goal is to not snack at night, and drink more water, and this helps me feel much better. Another goal is to do something active every day even if it's just stretching, a little stroll around the block, or teaching a class. Overall, I'm just trying to put a little more emphasis on taking good care of this body of mine, and it feels really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment