January 8, 2012

Thoughts Cause I Can't Sleep

I'm back in California. I'm amazed that it's actually beginning to feel like home here. I felt proud today when I overheard a conversation today on the airplane between a Californian and an Idahoan. The California told the Idahoan he lived in Corona and I was beaming inside as I thought, "Corona! I know exactly where that is! I know just what freeway to take to get there." Momentarily, I felt like a California native.
It feels so good to be in a place that's mine (temporarily at least... I know this apartment in the Pugmire's house isn't really mine.) I am a homemaker at heart. I feel content and fulfilled when I am organizing, cleaning, beautifying and nurturing my, and my family's space. I'm happy to be folding and putting away clothes, to be planning meals for my husband, and pitter-pattering around and putting my house "to bed" like I always like to at night. It feels good to be back in the swing of things- paying bills, and living responsibly again. 
(BJ and I are fully aware that we will never live in a nicer, more beautiful home than this one we get to live in right now. We are grateful.)
I feel so blessed right now, so anxious and ambitious about this new year. Thoughts about goals and desires for 2012 have been brewing in my mind for a couple of weeks now. There is so much I want to make better and improve in the way that I live my life. I'm planning a family night to discuss these thoughts of mine with BJ on Monday. I want to make it special and meaningful for the way that we will direct our course this year.
I'm simply thrilled tonight, and I should be exhausted since it is nearly 1 a.m. on the current Utah time my body is still functioning on. I am happy to be back here with BJ. I am excited about what this new year holds. I'm grateful for the opportunity BJ has to work for his dad here in California. I'm grateful to be charting this new course... living in a new place, and creating my family and the life I want us to have together. Happy 2012 everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment