November 6, 2011

Guardians of the Hearth

I've been studying the new book that all the sisters in the church were given...
"Daughters in My Kingdom." 
It is inspiring. It is inspired. Many women today are confused about their identity and calling as daughters of God. This book clarifies our role as women today. I love the stories of women a hundred years ago: stories of strength, faith, and charity that this book includes. I am happy to be a woman, and I am honored by all that being a women entails. As I thumbed through the pages of the book when I first brought it home one chapter heading immediately jumped out at me. The title, "Guardians of the Hearth" resonates with my soul. That is what I want to be. And that is exactly what we need more of in the world. Of this, Spencer W. Kimball said,
"To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling... She has been placed here to help to enrich, to protect, and to guard the home- which is society's basic and most noble institution."

If you don't have this book, get it. If you do have this book, read it. I promise you'll love it. Have a terrific, relaxing, and uplifting Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment