By President Ezra Taft Benson (who is my great grandmother's brother, and a prophet of God)
1. Take time to always be at the crossroads in the lives of your children whether they be 6 or 16.
2. Take time to be a real friend to your children.
3. Take time to read to your children. Remember what the poet wrote:
"You may have tangible wealth untold;
caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be-
I had a mother who read to me."
4. Take time to pray with your children.
5. Take time to have a meaningful Family Home Evening. Make this one of your great family traditions.
6. Take time to be together at mealtimes as often as possible.
7. Take time to read the scriptures as a family.
8. Take time to do things together as a family.
9. Take time to teach your children.
10. Take time to truly love your children. A mother's unqualified love approaches Christlike love."